Gal 2:20


"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." - Gal 2:20

Rather than explaining or expounding or trying to comprehend what Paul is saying here; let us take a step by step analysis of the verse.

The Bible is not suppose to make sense it is suppose to inspire faith(belief).




->"I am crucified with Christ"
I in person AM crucified, not will be, or should be or could be, but IS! And with who, with Christ. The great Co-Crucifixion. For us that would be approximately 2000 years ago.
->"nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"
What?! How, can one be living and still declare himself dead? Yet, he emphasis, he no longer lives by Christ lives in him. CHRIST LIVES IN HIM! So also in us! "To the one who has faith no explanation is needed, to the one without faith no explanation is possible!" Let us take God at his word, not by appearance, probability, or impressions. When God says so, it is so!
->"and the life which I now live in the flesh"
His manner of living, which he NOW lives, at this PRESENT moment, in this mortal body.
->"I live by the faith of the Son of God"
He lives, by what kind of faith? The faith of the Son of God. Greek for faith is pis-tis which means Conviction or Persuasion. So Paul's conviction or persuasion is that of the Son of God. Talk about faith of the highest brand!

->
"who loved me, and gave himself for me." Who loved who? Paul, yes, and also me! There is not respect of persons with God. Therefore GAVE himSELF for me!. What a beautiful exchange, my SELF for His SELF! My perverted and messed up personality for His, matchless one. We are Christ's, Christ is God's, God is Christ's, Christ is ours! Who is Christ?... Oh, what a thrilling thought! Think about the possibilities! Instead of trying to figure out what it means, or taking sides against The Word, let us agree with The Word! Confess your co-crucifixion...

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; (2 Corinthians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment