Chapter 2 - Infallible Speech

Now Jesus says, “I want you to learn how to live on another level. I want you to discipline yourselves to have the God-Kind of Faith.” The God-Kind of faith is the kind of faith that speaks what it believes based on God’s Word in the present tense. Mark 11:23 reads, “For assuredly, I say to you whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea….’” What is He saying here? He is not telling us to speak to everything and tell it to go into the sea. If you tell your old man (the corrupt man, see Eph4:22) to be removed and cast into the sea, all you end up with might be a wet old man, only to swim to shore again, and entangle you once more. What Jesus is teaching us here is that the God-Kind of Faith speaks what it wants to happen. I say to the mountain, “Be removed and be cast into the sea,” because that is what I want to happen to the mountain. That is not what I want to happen with my old-man. I do not want my old-man to go into the sea. I want my old-man to go where it belongs – on the cross.

Jesus is teaching a powerful principle here. He says, “If you say to the mountain.” The key word here is “say.” You must speak what you want to happen based on God’s Word. You may be wondering, Where do you get the “Based on God’s Word?” Look at Mark 11:23: “…and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.” Jesus is saying, “If you can get to the place where you believe what you say will be done, you will have what you say.” Get this: If you can get to the place that you believe what you say will be done, you will have what you say. This means my challenge is getting to the place and staying in the place where I believe what I say will be done.

I struggled with this for years until I was meditation upon the Word, and the Spirit of God spoke to me. He said, “Son, do you know how to make sure you believe what you say will come to pass?” I said, “How?” He said, “Just say what I said.” Do you believe what God says? If not, it is probably because you have broken your own word to you. You have broken your won word to you so many times that you do not even believe what you say will come to pass. But do you believe that what God says will come to pass? Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away before one jot of tittle [literally, before one comma or period] of my word passes away.”

The challenge is getting myself to believe the things that I say will come to pass. The Lord said to me, “It is very easy; just top saying what you want to say and start saying what I said, because you already believe that what I said will come to pass. The problem is you have been saying what you want to say. Every time a situation comes up to you, you respond to it with what you want to say instead of what I said.” He said, “If you will train yourself, discipline yourself, correct yourself, and get yourself to where my Word is what is coming out of your mouth, you will not have any problem believing that what you say will come to pass.” The challenge is making sure you believe what you say will come to pass.